- Applicants should have, or expect to receive a first class honours degree or an international equivalent. Students with an upper second class degree and a subsequent MSc degree will also be considered. It is expected that candidates will have a good understanding of one or more branches of science or engineering, advanced maths, and at least some relevant research experience. Equivalents to UK qualifications
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, creativity, resourcefulness and a mature approach to learning
- Non-UK candidates whose mother language is not English must provide a certificate of proficiency in the English language. English language requirements
A scholarship that provides a student stipend of £18,295 rising to £20,250 and covers the tuition fees is available for suitably qualified applicants. There are normally ten of these scholarships available for each intake of students and they are awarded competitively. For September 2017 entry, there are five full studentships available.
- Full awards (stipend and fees) are available for suitably qualified candidates who are UK or EU citizens and have been living in the UK for at least three years prior to the start of the programme.
- Fees only awards are available for EU candidates living outside the UK.
- There is one full studentship (stipend and fees) available for an exceptional EU/UK candidate who has not been living in the UK.
- Applications will also be considered from applicants who secured funding from other scholarships schemes.
- You will need to provide a copy of your degree certificate and transcript, two references, and if your degree was not taught in English, English translation of the degree certificate and transcripts are required
- You are asked to upload your CV and a covering letter under ‘unspecified document’
- If you are eligible for the IDCORE full studentship and you would like to be considered, please indicate this in the online application.
- If you are not eligible for the IDCORE full studentship, please state the types of scholarship funding that you will be applying for, or have already secured.
- Please note that applicants should NOT include a research proposal in the online application. Please state the research topic as 'Offshore Renewable Energy' on the application form. If you receive reminders from the application system to upload a research proposal please ignore. To stop the reminders please upload a document stating that the research topic will be in offshore renewable energy. IDCORE research projects are proposed by sponsoring companies and students are matched with projects at the beginning of the second semester of the teaching programme (January).
- Please apply by completing the Online Application Form
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please note that places for September 2017 have now been filled, and applications are now closed.